Tuesday, December 7, 2010

3rd Year Critiques

When sitting in on the 3rd year critiques it really gave me a chance to see what is to come. How my concepts are put into design learned from drafting class, to make a functional living space.

I was very intrigued by both projects that they had to do with both designing a space for a mental hospital as well as a restaurant/wine bar building that also housed living facilities.

One of the ideas that I really enjoyed for the hospital was the waves concept. I liked how she explained patient process as waves, and they go up and down. They can be soothing, or symbols of hardship, but overall the idea is to conquer them and regain control of one's life again.

The Buddhist Peacock idea was my favorite for 106 Parrish St. Wine Bar/Apartment concept. I liked how theirs felt so much more bright. I am not a fan over dark interiors, and that is what turned me off to most of the others. Theirs seemed so much more pleasant to me. I also loved the concept of the religious/mystical elements of the theme.

I can see with just the projects we have done in this semester we are moving in a design direction like this. I feel like this semester was just the baby steps of much larger design projects and conceptional ideas... I cannot wait to see what lies ahead. Semester one is at a close. Time to rest and reboot... and to also prepare for the next part of my journey to becoming a designer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment